• Biker Jim McGrath, class of 1960. No one could have projected this side of the now retired
• Tie-dyed Ava Berg, class of 1960, at a craft show. Ava was born to be an Earth Mother. A marijuana advocate, she posted this about herself on her Facebook page: "Jewish hipster in touch with inner sista. A hip soul is my goal." Power to the people, Ava.
• Sandy Adams, class of 1960. Wrote
• Jim Anton, class of 1961, as Beethoven. Well, this isn't surprising. He may be best remembered from his high schools days for wearing a female cheerleader outfit at a talent show. Truth be told, he looked good as a girl.
• Larry Bory, class of 1960, at a Renaissance Festival. This is so out of character for the Larry we knew in school where he was our designated preppy in how he dressed and comported himself. Whimsy becomes him.
Those of us who went to high school in the 1950s and early 1960s in
So here are some recent photos of early Levittowners in unconventional garb, especially considering their roots.